Explore the Great Outdoors with Boat and RV Insurance
Life is meant to be enjoyed. That’s why we’re making sure your boat, recreational vehicle, and ATV are handled by the professionals. We care about your downtime, so our team work hard to make sure that in the event of a mishap, you’re covered. With our boat insurance and RV insurance, you can return to spending time doing what you enjoy most.
Boats and personal watercraft are big investments, but if you love being out on the water you already know they’re worth it. Protect your fun investment with coverage that’s designed with the boat lover in mind.
Do you know what to look for in a watercraft insurance policy? Great Park Insurance can help you determine the right amount of coverage to meet your specific needs.
Irvine Boat Insurance Coverages
- Navigational Area — Know where you are covered in the water. Some insurance companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline into Canadian coastal or inland waters, and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In California, Florida, and Oregon, coverage for additional areas can be purchased.
- Agreed Value Coverage — Watercrafts depreciate just like cars. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that has been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss, you will get the value you insured it for minus any deductible.
- Liability — Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments — Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage — Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, the motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury — Since boat insurance is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal — Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects — Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling, and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Limits vary by state, so check with us for what’s required in your state. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry or watches.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage — This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance — The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor, and delivery of gas, oil, or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
RV owners are a unique breed. For them, traveling is much more than just getting from point A to point B. The journey means as much as the destination. While many RV drivers enjoy being on the road and getting away from the stressors of daily life, many mistakenly assume that RV insurance is the same as car insurance. Unfortunately, your car policy may not cover your recreational vehicle, which is why a separate policy must be obtained.RV insurance can include:
- Collision Insurance – This is the amount that covers your vehicle in an accident.
- Liability Insurance – This is the amount that covers the not-at-fault vehicle.
- Medical Coverage – Provides medical expense coverage for yourself.
- Towing and Assistance – If you break down, need to be towed or require roadside assistance, this portion of your coverage will help.
- Bodily injury
- Physical damage
Additional coverages are available, such as Vacation Liability and Personal Effect Coverage. Talk to your trusted insurer to find the right coverage that suits your vehicle, needs, and budget.
Whether you’re looking for watercraft insurance, RV insurance or more protection, contact the trusted team at Great Park Insurance today. We are here to help.