Cruise the Roads with Reliable Auto Insurance in Irvine
Whether you live in Irvine or any other part of California, when most people think about auto insurance, they think about damage to their car. The truth is, auto insurance covers much more than just your vehicle. From liability coverage to theft coverage, securing the right auto insurance means that your vehicle is safeguarded. That gives you the peace of mind to cruise the roads – protected.
The Risk is Real
You’re at risk literally every single day you get in your car. Even though we may not think about it when we’re on our morning commute, accidents happen. It’s important to understand what your coverage options are, not just for your car, but for you and people who may be injured as a result of your negligence.
Car Insurance Limits
If you were ever involved in an accident and found to be at-fault for someone else’s bodily injuries, your assets could be on the line if you’re not properly insured. What a lot of people don’t realize is that having great coverage doesn’t necessarily mean having higher insurance premiums. Great Park Insurance is 100 percent independent, which means we work with a wide variety of insurance providers to find what’s right for you. The best part? It doesn’t cost you a penny more to use us. We are compensated by the insurance carriers directly, and work on your behalf to properly cover your needs and exposures and make sure that there are no hidden gaps in your policy.
No two insurance contracts are the same, and while two policies side-by-side might look the same, the fine print behind the cover page can vary from company to company. This means that you need someone who understands policy contracts like us to sort through the exclusions and conditions so that you can rest easy knowing that you have the best possible coverage at the best price.
Important Auto Insurance Coverages
- Collision Coverage— This is the part of your policy that covers your car in the event you damage it as a result of an accident with a fixed or moving object like another vehicle, a house, a guard rail, etc..
- Comprehensive Coverage— This coverage also protects your car in instances such as theft or damage from a rock that cracks your windshield while you’re driving on the highway.
- Property Damage— Imagine you damage someone’s car in an accident, or a guard rail, house, or someone’s property. This part of your policy will compensate the person for the damage you caused.
- Bodily Injury Liability— This coverage protects your financial interest in the event you injure another party in an accident. This is the part of your policy that pays for the other party’s medical bills and related expenses. Due to the high cost of medical care, it’s recommended to carry more than the required amount.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Liability— This part of your policy pays you in the event that you are injured by another party and that other party had either too little or no insurance. Keep in mind that even though you may have auto insurance, there are many motorists without coverage.
Common Auto Insurance Rating Variables
- Age — Insurance companies use your age in their overall rating algorithms. Drivers who are under 25 and over 65 often don’t get preferred rates because statistics show that those two age demographics have the most loss frequency and are, therefore, more at risk for financial loss due to an auto accident.
- Credit — Credit is a metric that has been used in insurance scoring for many years. The better your credit, the more favorable your rates tend to be.
- Car — The type of car, engine size, safety features, etc. are all part of determining the rate.
- Driving History — Your driving record and loss history plays a substantial role in the price. If you have a poor driving history or multiple moving violations or accidents, chances are you won’t get a preferred rate.
- Household — Insurance companies underwrite at the household level, meaning they try to judge based on the entire household, what the probability of loss will be. If there are multiple drivers in the house who are under the age of 25, everyone’s premium in the household may be impacted.